What is Life Teen?
Life Teen is an international Catholic movement that serves the Church and leads teens closer to Christ by providing resources and training that encourages vibrant Eucharistic celebrations and opportunities for teens to grow in their faith.
How is this Mission Accomplished?
- Building Holy and healthy relationships with teenagers through an evangelistic outreach by adults
- Inviting teenagers to the Church to grow in their faith and celebrate the Eucharist
- Sharing the teachings of Christ and the Church through an authentic witness.
- Creating an experience of being loved and accepted within the community
- Encouraging and empower teenagers to be disciples of Christ and to be His missionaries in their world
A People of hope
My sense is that we are fated for the moment to live in a world in which the Church cannot rely on power or on a massive institutional apparatus to lure people in the door. The only selling point we have is building strong, healthy, loving, joyful communities that somehow “sell themselves” by being places people want to be, where they feel connected to the transcendent and to one another. That may seem like a steep hill to climb, but my sense is that it’s when we’re climbing that hill that we’re at our best.
CORE MEMBERS (Adult volunteers)
- Living out Baptismal Call
- Build Holy and healthy relationships with teenagers
- Willingness to live as an authentic witness of Christ
- Open to learn and be trained in youth ministry
LIFE NIGHTS/EDGE NIGHTS
- Gather, Proclaim, Break, and Send
- Educational Nights
- Issue Nights
- Social Nights
- Use of the Life Teen / EDGE resources
- Passing on of the Faith
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria. Please add some posts with featured images.