Throughout the history of Christianity, people of all faiths have found their way to the Catholic Church. While each person’s journey is as unique as the individual themselves, all are drawn to the one God and for the same purpose – to know Him, to love Him and to serve Him. The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults offers a program of faith formation for adults 18 years and older that will prepare them for full initiation/communion into the Catholic Church at Easter.
RCIA Team Members Needed:
Each year men and women from various faith experiences answer the call to inquire into the Catholic Faith. We need individuals for the RCIA Team who love their Catholic faith and will work together to welcome these inquirers and help them come into the Catholic Church. Team members don’t have all the answers but are willing to follow the Lord’s command to “go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature.” To find out more, please contact the office on tel no: (021) 557-6780 or email: email@example.com
When: To be advised.
Parishioners are needed year-round to sponsor adults inquiring into the faith and preparing to come into full communion with the Church. A sponsor is not required to have a degree in theology but rather a listening, active and open heart. Time and again past sponsors have experienced the privilege of being part of someone’s spiritual journey into the Church. They have found that one of the hidden treasures in this ministry is the spiritual riches they receive along the way.
Contact Melanie Pisanello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role of Sponsor
- Pray for Candidate or Catechumen
- Understand RCIA process
- Attend most meetings and rites and retreats
- Maintain personal contact – get to know their family
- Provide Spiritual support and discernment
- Be a good Catholic and role model
- Make them comfortable, give spiritual support
- Assist with discernment of participant’s readiness
- Love for Christ and his Church
- Be in full communion with the Catholic Church
- Steadfast commitment to teachings of the Magisterium
- At least 16 years of age
- Registered parishioner in good standing
- Attending Mass weekly
- No marriage impediments
- Have basic understanding of Catholicism
- Have good listening skills
- Keep confidentiality
- Be able to devote time necessary to be effective sponsor