HAVE YOU BEEN ASKED TO BE A GODPARENT or CONFIRMATION SPONSOR?
According to the requirements of the Catholic Church’s:
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Received the sacraments of Baptism, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation
- If married, it must be a valid sacramental marriage
- Not be bound by canonical penalties
- Not be the father or mother (of one being baptized).
Before we can issue a “letter in good standing” we ask that you be registered and active members * with the parish for at least 3 months.
* An active member attends Mass on a regular basis, supports the parish through the giving of time, talent.
To request a “letter in good standing”
If the Parish of the Resurrection, Table View is your home parish and are you a registered and active member
- Yes – Request a letter
- No – To register with the parish, register or fill out the online form from the parish website homepage:
- Be sure to enter information for ALL household members (spouse, children)
- This form can also be requested from the office.
If the Catholic Church of the Resurrection, Table View is not your home parish, please request the letter from the parish where you are currently registered and ask that it be sent to the parish where the sacrament of Baptism or Confirmation will be celebrated.