- Day to day management of Caritas Cape Town (CCT), including supervision of the Financial Manager, staff and other
- Ensuring that CCT is solvent and financially viable, and that its financial, fixed and moveable assets are used
efficiently and effectively to achieve the Mission and Objectives of CCT;
- Reporting to the Board on the state of CCT and its programmes, and how CCT is achieving its Objectives;
- Ensuring that CCT is registered and maintains its registration both as a Non-profit Organisation and as a Public
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the social outreach programmes of CCT across parishes and within
- Ensuring that parish outreach programmes are focussed on the Objectives of CCT
- Initiation, maintenance, monitoring and evaluation of specific programmes, including Disaster Relief, Human
Trafficking, and Refugees and Migrants.
- Representing CCT and coordinating its programmes in collaboration and cooperation with other welfare and
development groups in the Archdiocese of Cape Town, with other dioceses, and with Caritas South Africa.
- Supervision of the fundraising efforts of CCT to ensure that the organisation is financially viable and sustainable.
- Undertaking any other duty or responsibility that the Chairperson and/or Board may assign from time to time
The Coordinator must
- have comprehensive experience in social welfare and development (an appropriate tertiary-level qualification in
- Social Work or the equivalent would be an advantage)
- be an active, committed Catholic
- be able to work both independently and in a team
- be able to animate and encourage others
- have good ability to communicate (in English, Xhosa, and Afrikaans would be an advantage)
- be able to write reports, funding proposals, strategic documents
- have good presentation skills
- have a good understanding of Catholic Social Teaching
- have a good understanding of the legal requirements for NPOs and PBOs.
- be dynamic and creative
- be able to use a computer effectively
- have a driver’s licence
A salary band of R19 000 to R 22 000 will be offered with minimum experience of three years.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd
If you have not heard from us by 12th March 2021, consider your application unsuccessful