“What happens in the CWL. Well, their motto is Charity, Work & Loyalty and that says it all. They support our priests and their needs, they assist a school in the vicinity with helping learners who struggle with their reading, they launder the Altar Servers Vestments and run the repository. They supply the eats and tea after the Wednesday Masses, teas at funerals (when asked to help) and also the Teas for the First Holy Communicants.
Various Services that they render outside of the Parish are:
- Part of the Clothing Guild, where they manufacture garments for the guild and once a year distribute the new garments to various needy institutions.
- Support the Mater Domini Home
- Support Nazareth House with Washing Powder
- Support the Burns Unit at Red Cross Children’s Hospital both financially and materially.
- Make up bags of toiletries to give to the mothers who arrive at hospital with their children who have been burnt.
- Support the Du Noon Clinic with bags of clothing and toiletries for the babies of new mothers.
- At Christmas Time they make up boxes for the elderly that include toiletries, sweets, socks etc.
- Make up hampers for the priests of Mfuleni to spoil them at Christmas.
- Twice a year in the winter months, they supply Soup & Rolls for the parishioners at the evening Mass.
There are many other ways in which we help the parish and further afield. Should you feel that this ministry appeals to you, we would be very happy to have you join us. We have both evening and morning groups which meet once a month.